Pain Self Management Resources
- Pain BC
- This group aims to transform the way pain is understood and treated in our province. It has a variety of self-management strategies and resources to help manage chronic pain.
- Ready for Change Quiz:
- 10 question quiz to see where your mind is at regarding making some changes to help you live well with persistent pain.
- Pain Waves Podcast
- The Pain Waves podcast by Pain BC is where you can hear leading chronic pain experts and people living with pain discuss the latest pain management research, tools, stories, and trends.
- BCSM: Chronic Pain Self Management Program
- This is a community program to help people live successfully with chronic pain. It is led by two trained leaders who complete a four-day training workshop and is delivered in communities to groups of 12-16 persons, once a week for 2 ½ hours, for six consecutive weeks.
- This is an interactive, online program based on scientific research that teaches you effective strategies to manage your pain. Produced by the Centre of Health, Exercise and Sports Medicine at the University of Melbourne in collaboration with Duke University and Hackensack Meridian Health.
UCLA Mindfulness Awareness Research Center: Guided Meditations: This website offers free mindfulness and meditation resources to the general public, teaching the skills of mindfulness across the lifespan.
Yoga for People in Pain: This webinar and instructional video series created by physiotherapist Neil Pearson provides an opportunity to learn how to use simple yoga exercises to live well with chronic pain.